Wednesday 18 January 2012

I can't believe I'm actually blogging!

Welcome to my blog!
Well, I never thought I would be blogging. I never really believed that I have enough deep, inner thoughts and knowledge on subjects that would be worth putting out there in cyberspace for the world to read. However in the past few months, my opinions and attitudes have changed. The more I’ve dwelled on it and the more I have read other people’s blogs, specifically a couple dental blogs, the more I have had to desire to start my own. There are a couple dentists that I follow their blog religiously that have been my inspiration.
One is The Curious Dentist that is done by Dr. Chris Salierno. Dr. Salierno writes some great articles for dentists that are full of information concerning patient care and practice management. Dr. Salierno is clearly one of those dentist who is trying to do things the right way and treat patients with the best possible care.
The other blog I follow regularly is Dr. Mike Barr’s blog The Dental Warrior. Dr. Barr’s blog is also aimed at dentists, but has many articles that have nothing to do with dentistry. I’ve been following Dr. Barr’s blog for a while, and I can honestly say he is one of the smartest men I know.
So mainly thanks to these two guys, I find myself inspired to start my own blog. My vision for this blog is to spread information about dental subjects to patients. Most of what we do in dentistry is routine. Now before you say anything, I know all of you patients reading this are thinking, “Routine? Going to the dentist is not routine!!!” Trust me, I understand that. What I mean by this is that probably 80-90% of the stuff I see in one day is the same stuff I see everybody day. We get asked the same questions every day. We do the same procedures every day. What I want to do with this blog is to try to explain the routine (and some of the non-routine) to patients. I want this blog to be a place that patients can find information and education about their dental treatment. I want to explain what we do in dentistry in a way that everybody can understand.
So there it is, my first blog post done by me, Dr. Ryan Shearer. Who knew I would ever actually do this? I don’t know for sure where all this is going. My vision may change with time. My goal is one post a week. Hopefully I can do that, plus more. I hope you enjoy reading them, and more importantly learn from them.

Now all I need is a new license plate!


No comments:

Post a Comment